Adobe Photoshop Training – Topics list
Course content can be fully customised to meet your needs. The list below provides an idea of the topics that can be covered as part of the training delivery.
First look at Adobe Photoshop
- Introduction to the Photoshop user interface
- Understanding tools panel, and panels
- Selecting Workspaces
- Creating a new Workspace
Understanding Colour, Size and Resolution
- Understand resolution and colour requirements for different output media (press, in-house printer, web-page)
- Reviewing Image Size, Image Resolution in a given image
- Cropping, rotating and resizing images
- Creating a new Photoshop document
Non-destructive image editing
- Introduction to non-destructive editing
- Duplicating layers
- Retouching on new layers
- Introduction to working with Paint brush tool
- Using Blur and Sharpen tools
- Applying Saturation/Desaturation
- Red Eye correction
- Working with the Clone Stamp Tool to replicate image areas.
- Working with the healing brush and spot healing brush to touch-up images.
- Understanding Content aware retouching
Understanding tonal image adjustments
- Working with Adjustment Layers
- Understanding Image Contrast and Brightness
- Using Levels to make simple brightness and contrast changes.
- Using Levels to remove a colour cast
- Using Curves to adjust highlights, midtones and shadow areas
- Using Curves to adjust a colour cast
Working with selections
- Using the Marquee tools to create selections
- Using the lasso tools to create freeform
- Using the magic wand and quick selection tools to select tonal ranges
- Using selections to remove backgrounds
- Refining selections
- Feathering selections
- Introduction to Layers and transparency.
- Adding and editing layers.
- Adding and editing layer masks.
- Using selections with layer masks
- Using selections with adjustment layers
- Working with Linked and Embedded images.
- Converting layers to Smart Objects.
- Adding and editing Shape layers
Effects and Filters
- Working with Smart Filters
- Applying and editing filters (sharpen, blur, noise etc.)
- Adding a vignette to an image
- Adding and editing layer effects such as drop shadows
- Working with opacity and blending modes
- Creating and editing Artboards
- Working with multiple Artboards
- Setting up a Guide Layout
- Creating a gradient background
- Using Libraries
- Working with Linked and Embedded content
- Combining images and text
Working with text in images
- Adding area or point type to an image
- Formatting and editing text
- Using Type as a mask for an image
Saving and Exporting Images
- Preparing images for web
- Preparing images for commercial print output
- Understanding different file formats for web and print