Interactive Design with Adobe InDesign Training – Topics list
Whether you are using InDesign to publish online (web), through the Adobe Digital Publishing Solution (DPS 2015), or to create interactive PDFs. The course content can be fully customised to meet your needs and interactive publishing requirements. The list below provides an idea of the topics that can be covered as part of the training delivery.
Document setup for web and digital publications
- Document Intent and page sizes
- Selecting the right document
- Document colours
Adding navigation buttons
- What type of objects can be a button?
- Understanding button events and actions
- Working with master pages
- Adding navigation buttons
Adding a video
- Embedding video into a PDF
- Setting default poster image
- Adding play, pause, resume buttons to control video
- Embedding audio in a PDF
- Controlling when audio plays
- Adding button controls for audio
- Applying animation presets
- Setting animation properties
- Editing motion paths
- Adding custom motion paths
- Timing animations
- Adding button controls for animations
Creating a pop-up window
- Adding pop-up design elements
- Setting show/hide button actions
Creating a slideshow
- Using Object States to create a Slideshow
- Adding button controls for the slideshow
- Table of Contents
- Adding transitions to pages
- Understanding export settings for transition support
- What is metadata?
- Entering metadata
Saving an interactive PDF
- Which interactive features are supported in PDF?
- Setting document properties
- Export to Interactive PDF
- Previewing the PDF in Acrobat Reader
- Final edits in Adobe Acrobat DC
Exporting to EPUB (Fixed Layout)
InDesign CC (2014 or higher)
- Which interactive features are supported in EPUB?
- Understanding font support and font embedding
- Creating a cover
- Defining a table of contents
- Setting Metadata
- Export to EPUB (Fixed Layout)
- Previewing the EPUB.
InDesign CC (2015.1 or higher)
- Which interactive features are supported when publishing online?
- Updating an online publication
- Managing online publications (Web Dashboard)
Export for DPS 2015
InDesign CC (2015 or higher)
- Which interactive features are supported for DPS 2015?
- Exporting as a DPS Article