Hello, my name is Cari Jansen. As an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI), and Adobe Community Professional (ACP), I love working with and sharing my knowledge of Adobe creative software and workflows. My work is highly varied, and ranges from graphic design and production support, software training and course development, to providing technical writing/editing services, delivery of workshops and presentations to testing software:
- Training: Training delivery and course development for applications, such as Adobe Captivate, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Muse.
- Technical Writing: Authoring, writing and editing of software documentation, user guides, learning materials.
- Graphic Design and Production support: Broad range of graphic design and production support. From newsletters, reports, books, ebooks, interactive PDFs, PDF forms, Captivate elearning module designs, to accessible PDF creation.
- Presenting: Providing presentations, workshops for small and large group gatherings. For example speaking at conferences, or delivery of professional development (PD) sessions for educators.
- Software Testing: Providing QA support for publishing solutions and automated publishing systems.
I started my career in the early 1980s, taking up an apprenticeship at a local publishing and printing company (Meinema) in the heart of the Dutch city of Delft (the Netherlands). I worked in the prepress department and was responsible for compositing, reproduction photography, impositioning and platemaking.
With the introduction of Desktop Publishing, I was happy to be one of the first in the business to start working with layout software, and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and I’ve not looked back since.
It’s my love for creative and publishing software and technology that’s driven the rest of my career. Emigrating to Australia in 1995, meant moving from a management position at a printing company and a design studio to a slightly different but related career. I ended up working for an Apple Reseller that also had a training centre. Although I was originally employed for systems support, it was the growing range of graphics software in use by most of our customers, that brought me back to what I loved most: working with software, writing about software, and sharing what I know about software with others.
Variety in work, and continuous learning is what makes me happy. I enjoy keeping up with new releases and updates of the various Adobe applications and workflows for print, digital and mobile. It keeps me on my toes, and I like discovering how new software features can make work processes easier and more efficient.
I continue to enjoy delivering training, now specialising in custom onsite training delivery only, where the full focus of the training is on what you as a customer want to achieve within your business. Apart from training delivery, I do contract work for several customers across the Perth metro area, where I help out with design and production work, website creation, and conversion of InDesign documents to accessible PDFs. Since 2012, I’ve also been working on a number of projects for Peachpit Education in the US. Working mainly as a technical editor on a range of Adobe software publications, and in 2016 I authored my first book ‘Learn Adobe InDesign CC for Print and Digital Media’ (published under Adobe Press label).
I look forward to working with you or your organisation on future projects, be it in training, design and production support, as a technical writer, or even speaker at workshops or events you want to host.
Qualifications and work experience
For a complete record of my qualifications and work experience please visit my LinkedIn profile