We’ve all got them… those holiday shots where the ocean seems to be running of the edge of the image, where the horizon is no longer horizontal. With Photoshop CS5 we can straighten out those images faster then ever before. In the following video let’s take a look at how we can use the Crop tool, Ruler tool, Arbitrary rotation, Content-Aware fill and the magical Straighten button to fix our crooked horizons.
How to fix horizons that are on an angle in Photoshop
- Fixing up old photos with Adobe Photoshop — As part of the April 2015 Adobe User Group meeting in Perth, I recorded a series of videos that covered some of the tips we reviewed during that meeting. For a full read-up about this meeting, please visit the Rejuvenating old photos and documents meeting round-up page. Video 1: Converting an old sepia tone back [...]
- How to remove a background from an image in Photosho... — How do I remove a background from an image? The following Photoshop tutorial (youtube video) shows one of many techniques there are for removing image backgrounds. The technique used doesn’t permanently remove the background pixels in the images, but allows you to further correct and fine-tune the transparent background you create through the use of [...]
- Channels, Masks and Adjustment Layers… — Channels, Masks, Adjustment Layers… Photoshop CS5 rocks when it comes to using these features in conjunction with each other. Did you know you could use color channel information in Photoshop as the basis for a mask, that will control where a particular color adjustment might be applied? All without harming any pixels whatsoever in the original image? [...]
- Removing power lines from a photo with Photoshop — Photoshop CS5 introduces us to a very cool new tool, the Content-Aware Spot Healing Brush Tool a true power tool, that has many different uses. You can use it to get rid of blemishes in an image, such as spot in a persons face, clean-up rubbish or loose leaves that might lay on a lawn in [...]
- Better Photoshop Techniques adds Augmented Reality — To celebrate the arrival of Photoshop CS5, Better Photoshop Techniques magazine, created an exclusive augmented reality back cover for Issue 22. It’s cool really… Navigate to the Better Photoshop Techniques web-site, take your edition of the magazine, click the special viewer pop-up window, hold out your back-cover and smile for the camera! Augmented Reality (AR) [...]