In the following YouTube tutorial, we’ll create an interactive PDF from Adobe InDesign, in which we click on a button, which in turn opens up a simple pop-up window containing a close-box. When the close-box is clicked the pop-up window disappears again.
- Adobe InDesign and XML: A Reference Guide — The following notes might be helpful for those of you who are looking at doing a little more with XML in InDesign. They are by no means complete, but I’ll update this post progressively over time (originally published Feb. 2011, last updated April 2016). Mapping XML tags to InDesign styles Mapping XML tags to styles, creates a link between [...]
- How to change the colour of bullet points in InDesig... — A few weeks ago I recorded a short quick tip tutorial. InDesign’s Control panel, gives users a quick and easy way to format text as a bulleted list. Highlight the text, and click the Bulleted List button in the Paragraph Formatting Controls mode for the Control panel. This applies a universal bullet character as the [...]
- InDesign: Facing pages with odd-numbered left pages — Back in 2004 I wrote a tip for InDesign CS on how you could have the first page of your document be a left page AND have it start with page number 1. It’s hard to believe this is almost a decade ago… But a recent question on Facebook, made me think I should really [...]
- Negative Lookbehind – GREP for Designers — This is the fourth and final blog-posts in a series of posts on lookaheads and lookbehinds in GREP, written after speaking at the Perth InDesign User Group. My speaker notes are also available: What is GREP? (PDF download) (2.4Mb). In the previous three posts I briefly introduced GREP, and we took a look at Positive [...]
- Positive Lookbehind – GREP for Designers — This is the third in a series of blog-posts about GREP, written after speaking at the Perth InDesign User Group. My speaker notes are also available: What is GREP? (2.4Mb PDF download). In the previous two posts I briefly introduced GREP, and we took a look at Positive Lookahead and Negative Lookahead. In this post [...]